Autocad vs Revit
AutoCAD vs Revit
AutoCAD vs Revit. How do the two compare? You have been using AutoCAD for a long time, should you switch to Revit? What are the benefits that Revit offers over AutoCAD? This article discusses AutoCAD vs Revit describing the features and uses of each. AutoCAD is a Drafting software and has been around since 1984 when it was first introduced by Autodesk, While Revit is a 3D Modeling tool that enables BIM (Building Information Modeling).
AutoCAD vs Revit
Here is a comparison between AutoCAD VS Revit
- AutoCAD using Geometric elements such as lines, circles, Polylines etc. called entities to build a Drawing. These elements contain geometric information such as start and end points, an angle in three-dimensional space, the center of a circle and its radius.
- Plans, Elevations, and Sections are separately drafted manually. If Plan changes, these have to re-drafted to coordinate with updated Plans.
- Schedules such as Door & Window Schedules can be extracted using Attributes. However, if there is a change in Plan, these have to be extracted again. If you miss out on this, your schedules will not relate to your Plans.
- Difficult to implement and ensure compliance.
- Revit is a Modeling Tool that uses real-life Building Elements such as Walls, Floors, Roofs, Doors, Windows and creates an intelligent 3D Model.
- These elements have embedded information such as area, volume, material quantities and thermal properties. This information can be extracted in schedules
- Revit creates a 3D model, Plans, Elevations, and Sections etc. are views of this 3D Model. Any change in one automatically reflects in other views, therefore, Elevations and Sections will always coordinate with Plans.
- Schedules extract information from Model, any change in Model will automatically update schedules.
- Easy to implement and ensure Standards compliance.
B59, Sector 30,
NOIDA- (UP) 201301. INDIA